Josh o' Trades

Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday, Monday (can't trust that day)

New week, new idea. This morning while reading Jane Espenson's blog, I came across this.

It's basically a fellowship program designed to give struggling writers a chance to break into writing screenplays by paying them for a year as they do nothing but write. Also? it's in Hollywood, so if I get it, it's off to La La Land for me. Not sure how much I'm going to like that (Though that was the plan all those years ago with the whole comic book thing during college, so there is that...).

So, I sent AJ, my editor extraordinaire across the pond, an e-mail to see if I could again call upon her expertise in this little endeavor. I can only submit my entry from May 1, thru June 23, so I have some time to break a story. And since it's a screenplay, and can only be around 30 pages or so, I won't fall into the trap I set for myself with 72 Hours. Well, hopefully, anyway. :) AJ's on London time, so I hope to hear from her tomorrow or the next day.

Heard back from Coop about the TFN webcomic. He liked my work, but didn't think it fits with the story he has written. However, he said that he'd like to use me for another project down the line. It all depends on how well the first webcomic is received, I guess. Anyway, it's still cool to get any feedback at all.

Well, gotta run now. Work beckons. Who knows, maybe all this swot will pay off eventually...

Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home