Josh o' Trades

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Will The Real Josh Please Stand Up?

Hey, Kids.

You know, looking back over my first week of blogging, I'm having trouble recognizing the author. I seem to come off as stiff, stuffy, more than a little, I don't know, British? (Sorry, Terry, AJ. No offense - well, maybe a little :) I'm sure some of you may be asking, Where's smarmy Sarcasm Boy? Well, I'm here to tell you that he's alive and well. It's just been one heck of a week, what with the battling waist-deep in the quagmire of mediocrity that is the trade show industry, striving to put right what once wrong, hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap ho- wait...no. Where was I? Oh yeah. More of the funny. Message received.

While I started this blog to update the whole writing gig, that is still a ways off. In the meantime, I'll be using this site as a place to vent my frustrations of the world around us and try to make a couple of you smile while I'm doing it. Hope to, anyway.

I, state your name... So my buddy, Jimmy, is hosting a little Movie Watcher's Awards party this year. We watch the Oscars every year and I've become more and more convinced that the idiotic crack monkeys in charge of the Academy need to be retired Blade Runner style and a new board be formed. There are just no explanations for some of their decisions. There's just no accounting for good taste anymore.

And speaking of Oscar-worthy movies, I saw Underworld: Evolution over the weekend. I'm at a loss here. Did the first one make enough money to even cover the craft services food table bill? Or is this just an excuse for Kate Beckinsale's husband, director Len Wiseman, to put is wife on exhibition. I mean, don't get we wrong, God bless the pleather, but, jeez! this movie was 14 kinds of terrible. I think Omar said it best: "Underworld: Evolution. How is it that the movie is about vampires and werewolves and the most unbelievable thing in it is still Kate Beckinsale's career?" Yet another example that just because you can make a sequel, doesn't mean you have to...

At this time, I'd like to thank the little people, er, the ones out there who came before me and showed me how fun it could be to put all my private, personal thoughts out here in cyberspace. Let's see. There's Taylor; Wendy; my favorite chief, Heather; Whimsy; Jewel; and old Sti-Fu Mendoza himself. Check out the Monroe Madam, AB and buy an album it's quite good; and give some props to Pamie, she's up for a Bloggie! Go check out Nathan's, Scott's and Mark's sites as well. Go share the love, people.

JJ, my girl Friday - and Mistress of the Written Word, has also set me up with a couple of websites full of quotes. That's it. I'm getting her something really nice. Say, a large bottle of pineapple juice, that way we can both be happy. :) (If you understood that last part, there's nothing else to explain, is there? If you didn't, well, it's probably for the best. And no, Ma, I'm NOT going to explain it to you.) Anyway, I'm going to be placing a quote at the end of my entries until further notice. Or, until I find something better to do.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." ~Francis Bacon

Oh, and for you daily commuters, please note: The Speed Limit is just a suggestion, the true purpose of the Toll Way is to see if you can drive through the gate faster than the electronic eye can scan your Toll-Tag, and impatience is the greatest virtue of them all. Take care and good day.

Thanks for stopping by.
-Jos

2 Comments:

  • You did NOT make that pineapple juice comment. LMAO!!! I'm shocked and incredibly amused.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:40 PM  

  • Thanks, guys. Everything I do, I do it for yo...wait, no.

    You keep reading, I'll keep writing...

    Lates-

    By Blogger Josh, At 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home