Josh o' Trades

Monday, April 10, 2006

Monday Already?

So this weekend was pretty eventful. Friday saw the final installment of my little band's conversion to the Independents. Over the past month or so, I've enjoyed watching my peeps become more and more involved in the lives of a bunch of frontier traders trying to live their lives out on the fringes of the black. (A metaphor not completely wasted on me and my buds.) This all came to a conclusion last night with a viewing of The Master's silver screen debut. A most grand time was had. Darcy spoke for the rest of us, I believe, when he wailed "More!" after the credits started to roll. I'm sorry to see our time in the 'verse come to an end, but, if I know us (and MYSELF especially), I don't think we're quite done yet. After all, Halloween is only a short 6 months away...

Saturday was busy as well. The YP's were in charge of manning the bounce houses at the Easter Egg-travaganza for the little one's out at Breckinridge Park. And can I say that the wind woke up and decided to come out and play this weekend? Man, my poor little Jo'Tmobile nearly left the ground more than a couple of times, and NOT by way of the hover conversion I had installed a couple of months ago. Anyway, we had fun with the kid-o's on Sat morning. I haven't run a bounce house in a few years now. Not since my days at All 4 Fun. Amazing how much I forgot I enjoyed it. Though, I AM glad I didn't have to break them down and roll them back up. The munchkins had a blast, and, once the sun came out, so did the big kids.

Saturday night brought with it what I'm sure is going to be my gang's next big obsession: Shadows Over Camelot. It's a RPG that Varnell unleashed upon us during game night Saturday before last. To say that it is HIGHLY addictive is like saying that Freddie Prinze Jr. will never win an Oscar. We played 4 games Sat night, 2 with a traitor in our mists, and 2 without. I gotta admit, I do prefer the game with that cloak of deception over it. And while it's almost impossible to tell who in our group is not being completely honest (we all do it so, so well), the Lord of War and the Elfin Princess did admirably in the dark role. The game is a lot of fun, and I foresee many more hours lost to it's bewitching ways.

As for my crew, well, we're still fighting our way thru the Swamp of Sadness. But, like Atreyu, we just won't let the desolation get to us. We will prevail. My thanks to my Apocalypse Queen for her words Friday night. We WILL get through this. One step at a time. I will accept nothing less.

I got stabbed for Nathan this weekend as well. I made my way downtown on Friday and let the vampires at the Dallas Transplant Institute have their way with my arm. I swear that the whole process took less than 5 minutes, which somehow didn't make up for the the nearly 2 hours it took to drive downtown, get lost, and make my way back to work. But, all for a good cause, right?

Right.

Well, speaking of work, I've got more than my share to do now that I wasn't able to make it in over the weekend. (Some people would call that a GOOD thing, and I happen to agree with them.)

Thanks for reading. Get back to work...

-Jos

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~Albert Schweitzer

1 Comments:

  • Didn't know if I was helping, my Prince. But you know you have my support &, as always, you've got a posse standing ready. The little band of merry men (and women) has struggled lately, but we are stronger... especially when we hang together.
    ~AQ

    By Blogger Taylor, At 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home