Josh o' Trades

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Beat Me, Whip Me, Make Me Write Bad Checks...

The past couple of days have been brutal. Had a client who was not happy with any of my solutions, didn't provide me with what I needed at the time I needed it, and still was upset when, after almost a week of jumping thru hoops, I was an hour behind in getting her proofs. Never mind the fact that we've waived all the art charges, most of the shipping, and had to sign a pact with Lucifer to get the project completed by her show on Saturday. Sigh. Just can't win for trying, sometimes.

And then our newest employee handed in her resignation yesterday. I knew she hadn't received the training she'd been promised, and she got a lot of grief over a lot of stuff that wasn't her fault, but still, I liked her. We had a good banter, and I'm going to hate seeing her go.

Also, got to drive all over God's creation in search of a gas station yesterday while riding on fumes. You'd be amazed just how close to a station that matches my gas card I'm not.

But it hasn't been all bad. Seems Mr. Darcy has reaped the benefits of being one of my Browncoats. Though, I think he should give the lessons a try. We could all use a good laugh at his expense. He and my Apocalypse Queen made it back from OK in good spirits.

Oh, and it turns out that I'm a positive match for Kidney Boy. But, I'm not the only one, and I only scored a 1 out of 6 out of a possible 6 out of 6. The doc said that since the kidney would be coming out of a (reasonably) healthy body, most of the time those scores are not a determining factor. Like I said, I'm not the only match. The ball's in Nathan's court now. You'll know more when I do.

Thanks for stopping by.

-Jos

"The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live." ~Flora Whittemore

1 Comments:

  • Already have plans for Saturday, which includes a little fishing with LoW. Besides, I don't need to be falling off horses since the plan for that evening is Lazer Tag. I did find it quite humerous though. I think the message is still on my machine.

    Darcy

    By Blogger Michael, At 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home