Josh o' Trades

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

(TAP) (TAP) This Thing On?

Sorry for the silence yesterday. A large windstorm came up last night around 6 that looked very much like rain, although Becky swore that we wouldn't have rain this week at all. I've just come to accept the fact she's gonna lie to me everyday now.

Anyway, the transformer that brings the lovely, almighty Internet here to Jo'T HQ is a mite bit sensitive. To the extent that if one were to sneeze too loudly, e-mail and internet goes down.

Not that I had much to say, but that's not the point. It's the principal of the thing.

Really not that much to report. Work is getting grueling. Projects are backing up and client expectations are getting out of hand. And my boss isn't helping matters much. It's getting harder and harder to do what I do these days. I've lost the drive and want to do this job, and it's showing. I'm making rookie mistakes. Missing small details that, even a year ago, would have sent me over the edge. Now? I just don't care.

I think I've reached burn-out mode. It's been a while, almost 7 years, but I guess that makes sense. It may be time to start gearing up for a career change. But, just what that might be, I do not know. I don't think I'm ready to do the writing gig full time, but I guess there's never a "right time" to do anything.

As a wise man once said, "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

So. Yeah.

-Jos

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow." ~Mark Twain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home