Josh o' Trades

Monday, May 15, 2006

Half Way There...

So, due to an unexpected delay in my travel plans, I was able to join my beloved Apocalypse Queen on stage with the rest of those bloody thespians of WOMP for their performance of The Saga of the Golden Horseshoe. The thing is, while the rest of the (very talented) cast had over 5 weeks of rehearsals and bonding, I got all of 5 days. Good thing I only have a handful of lines and simple set blocking.

We've already run 4 of the 8 performances, and they've been wonderful! We've been blessed with great crowds for each show, and the cast is jelling quite well. I'm particularly fond of the work by Ross (the Sheriff), Rebecca (the Singer), and Ashleigh (the Reporter). And of course, my AQ (the Boss lady).

All in all, it's a fun melodrama with a great cast. It'll be nice to have a break this week (didn't get home until after midnight any night last week, it being production week and all), but I will miss the camaraderie we've shared the past few days.

If you can make it, we have 4 more shows this weekend: Friday, the 19th, at 8pm, Saturday, the 20th, at 2:30pm and 8pm (please come to this one, as we haven't sold many seats) and Sunday, the 21st, at 2:30pm.

Hope to see you there!

-Jos

"Acting: An art which consists of keeping the audience from coughing." ~Ralph Richardson

1 Comments:

  • Break a leg on your remaining shows!

    (Im)patiently waiting for next Saturday,
    The Whimsy

    By Blogger Miss Knotty, At 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home