Josh o' Trades

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wistful Wednesday

Yeah, the fog came in on little cat feet, alright. And left it's muddy paw-prints all over my hood and windshield. No, it wasn't the Pep. She knows better, the ungrateful little minx. Besides, she's an indoor cat. No, there are lots of strays around the apartment. They're cute and all, but damn...

Anyway, on the way to meet up with Chase last night, I was treated to an amazing sight. I tend to stick to the back roads and found myself alone in the fog with only the gauzy halos of the intermittent street lights to guide my way. I don't usually like driving at night, but there was an ethereal quality of seeing the lights of the city only in fragments as I passed in and out of the translucent patches. Very haunting, but in a good way.

The trip was made even more poignant by the soundtrack, Omar's Terribly Happy Mix '05. At the point I realized I was alone on the road, Bjork's So Broken started playing. The Spanish guitar and her troubled voice added to the melancholy mood I was in and made the drive that much more memorable. Also of note on the Mix is Stay With You, by John Legend, and The High Road, by Betty LaVette, both slow and packed with feeling. But nowhere near as powerful as House On Fire, by the DM's. Al's haunting, soulful vocals really move the song and sits heavy with your emotions. That feeling quadruples when you learn that Chris and hers house did burn down a couple of years ago, taking everything they owned, even their dog. It's strong stuff. Seriously, go buy a copy of the CD. You won't be sorry.

The meeting with Chase went well. I like his movie idea and I think this is going to be a lot of fun. I may have signed on to do too much, but, alas, what else is new? I am concerned about taking time away from the Everwood spec-script, and that promise to myself to make more down time, but I think this is a worthy cause. And I always give 110% to every project I'm working on, so yeah. I'll be starting the storyboards soon. I'll try to post a few of them, if I can. We'll see.

I've hit a snag on the script, and need to devote some time to work on it. This always happens, as AJ can attest to. I finally get to a point where I stop writing the story in my head, and start putting it down on paper, when the 16 other stories running around in my subconscious start demanding my attention. I just need to force myself to finish the project I've committed to, and, once that's finished, then I can move on to the next. Ugh. Just need some accountability. Not to worry. All will turn out well in the end. You'll see.

That's enough for today. Go back to your lives.

-Jos

"Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~William James

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home