Josh o' Trades

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All Good Things... (Take 3)

We had a saying back at Nomadic: "It's always faster the fifth time you do it." At first, it was used to illustrate the point that if you had time to reprint a job more than once, you had time to do it right the first time, regardless of rush.

All that is to say that this is my 3rd attempt to write this entry. My first try was this morning, but there's just never enough time in the morning to write what I want before the phones start ringing and I have to don my fireman's hat. The second time met with an untimely computer crash. That was around lunchtime so I decided to wait until now to try it one more time.

Hmm, just saw the calendar. Guess I, like Jules, should have listened to that soothsayer, huh?

Anyway, I had written a pretty good deal about how long I've been working in the trade show industry (12 years) and how the friendships I formed along the way were an inspiration to me, and how I'm not as satisfied with my chosen profession as much as I once was, and how much I'm ready for a career change. And perhaps out of the art field entirely. Yeah, it was going along fairly well. And then my computer crashed.

I was a little despondent today, what with all the projects on my desk that never seem to go away and constant feeling that I would be happier doing something else with my time and talents. Though, just WHAT that would be, I can't exactly say.

Well, it's mid-afternoon and I'm still more than a little burned out, but a paycheck and some Chipotle have helped replenish the old batteries. But I'll take gainful employment any day of the week. It's so much better than the alternative.

However, the times? they may be a changing. I have a meeting tonight that may well shape the direction of things to come. It's an exciting time here at Jo'T HQ, my friends. The winds of change are picking up. And they're threatening to blow this little house of cards away.

As always, I'll keep you posted, Dear Reader. You'll hear more as soon as I do.

Thanks for reading.

-Jos

"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." ~ Charles Darwin

1 Comments:

  • "Josh, Joshee poo, Josh, JOSSSSH.....just checking
    blondie dear

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home