Josh o' Trades

Monday, March 20, 2006

When It Rains...

I'm sorry to report that my writing muse packed up her bags and went to stay at her mother's this past weekend. I started several entries both Friday and Saturday, but to no avail. I just couldn't find my rhythm, couldn't set my pace to open the floodgates of the Well of Lost Plots.

Everything I wanted to say...I couldn't. There are things going on in my life that I can't really share here, as this is a (somewhat) public journal, and I'd like to protect the privacy of the people in (and out of) my life, as well as my own. I'll never be able to tell you everything that's going on, but that was never the intention of this site anyway.

Regardless, due to unforeseen stresses on the job front, clandestine meetings in the dead of night, miscommunications and the inability to wear a decent poker face (not to mention that anniversary I'd rather not remember), the middle of the 3rd month hasn't been the best of times for me. And the torrents of rain that turned this weekend into something out of Noah's Captain's Log haven't helped much either.

On a lighter note, I was able to take Nathan out to lunch for his birthday. Yesterday, he and Jenny and I made our way thru the floods to Chipotle. Good food and good conversation, just what the doctor ordered. We talked about everything from Spring Break to the engineering disadvantages of college cafeterias to the elementary playgrounds of the late 70's and early 80's that seemed to be designed solely to kill children by way of natural selection. I mean, do you remember those playgrounds? Nathan and I are convinced that the parents of the 70's were only interested in making their kids as tough as humanly possible. Lawn Darts, anyone? Seriously, the playground at McDonalds was parking lot concrete, 3 feet thick with tissue-thin Astroturf stapled down over it. It's a wonder any of us survived at all.

I hope everyone made it home safe from the rain, even though we needed it. Just not all at once.

Thanks for stopping by.

-Jos
"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home