Josh o' Trades

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Reluctant Responsibilities

So dinner with Chase and the lovely Cas went well last night. Though, their apartment was next to impossible to find. Especially in the dark. That and a couple of the streets with very similar names didn't help much. However, once I made it inside their complex, all was good.

After a delicious home-cooked meal (man, when was the last time I had one of those?) Chase and I began to work on the storyboard breakdowns. Cas and I chimed in and we kind of re-wrote the intro the movie. Chase thinks it's a better opening (I hope), so I don't feel so bad about taking my idea and running with it. Now all I have to do is remember how to draw again, so I can get these storyboards out ASAP.

It's only Wednesday, but I feel like I've already worked a full week. I haven't been getting those daily pre-dawn wake up calls lately, but my body still feels drained. My back and neck have been getting stiff quicker and longer than before, and I'm starting to worry about it. The doc's said that I'd always have trouble with this, but I guess I wasn't expecting this much discomfort. Guess I'm just falling apart. Wonder how much Oscar Goldman would charge me for an upgrade?

Things over here are going well. For the moment. No word yet on the outcome of those late night rendezvous, so I can't share anything out of turn. The spec-script is shaping up. I talked Nathan and Jenny thru the outline, and they both gave me some good pointers. I have a brand new pack of Bristol blue-line artist boards sitting on my drawing table. Mocking me with their clean surfaces and their limitless possibilities. Their Jason Voorhees-esque mantra of "Submission...Submission" not so quietly lulling me to sleep at night. I still have time to put together a couple of pieces for the April DCC. Just need to sit down and do it. And the spec-script. And Chase's storyboards. And find some time for myself. And solve world hunger and discover a cure for the common cold while I'm at it.

And all that during my "free time."

Uh...yeah.

-Jos

"A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life." ~James Allen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home